It appears the Asus Eee PC 900 will sport the same 900MHz celeron processor as the current 701 series. ZDNet was apparently the only site that bothered to check the clock speed of the units on display at CeBIT this week.

I was kind of hoping for a processor bump to go with the storage boost and the larger screen. But since I also want to see Asus keep the price as low as possible, I guess I want too much.

ZDNet also reports that the 12GB model will run Linux while the 8GB model runs Windows XP, but I think it's much more likely that this just happens to be the configuration of the individual units on display. I'd be surprised if we didn't see Asus offer a choice of configurations in the future.

1 comments:

frames said...

I could also hear that the Linux version would sport a bigger drive in this video.

Frankly, I was also surprised and wrote exactly the same you wrote in my post above (in Spanish): it might be just the units displayed.


acelebration of womens khong familys mi sitios de diseno my site cheap technology museum planners new cesar dubo weddings and hair styles sim flecks iphones chile new phones blog