Last week HCL Infosystems announced plans to sell two inexpensive micro-computers in India. Now PC Launches has tracked down a few more specs for those computers. As expected, the $350 MiLeap X series looks a lot like a typical Intel Classmate PC with a 900MHz Celeron processor, 2GB of SSD memory, 512MB of RAM and a 7 inch 800 x 600 pixel display. But the MiLeap Y looks a lot more exciting.

This $760 UMPC will sport an Intel A110 800MHx processor with integrated Intel 945GU graphics, 1GB of RAM, a 2.5GB 80 HDD, 1.3MP webcam, 802.11b/g WiFi, a 3-in-1 card reader, 2 USB ports, a 7-inch 1024 x 600 touchscreen LCD, and Windows Vista Home Premium. And it will weight just 960 grams.

All told, the MiLeap Y could be one of the most powerful UMPC's I've seen for that price. That said, it still costs a few hundred more dollars than I'd be willing to spend on a portable computer. But if there was a way to put that high resolution touchscreen into a lower cost device, I'd be all over it.

[via Engadget]

1 comments:

Mystr said...

I was wondering if this would be coming with a Solid State Drive because I am very attracted with that technology that I couldn't see have such a portable device with one. This small of thing would get bumped around with my other books and I just don't see a HDD being able to handle it very. (Mostly with windows)


acelebration of womens khong familys mi sitios de diseno my site cheap technology museum planners new cesar dubo weddings and hair styles sim flecks iphones chile new phones blog