According to a thread on the Chinese Mobile01 forum, a Taiwanese company is developing a touchscreen kit for the Eee PC. Blogger jkkmobile has already demonstrated that you can hack a generic touchscreen onto an Eee PC, but I think a lot of people would be more comfortable buying a kit that's designed specifically for this computer model. Plus, it will reportedly be a no-solder solution, meaning if you're not comfortable taking a soldering gun to tiny electronics components this might be the way to go.

Of course, there's no word on when these kits might be available, how much they might cost, or whether they'll be available outside of Taiwan. But I'm kind of excited anyway. The Eee PC is great with a mouse, but the built in touchpad is pretty small and can be rather difficult to use. A touchscreen would add a whole new layer of usability to this mobile computing powerhouse.

[via EeeUser forum]

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to get my hands on a non-soldering touch screen kit like that, given that it performs at least the same as current kits. I actually don't have access to soldering equipment, nor am I brave enough to do so on the board.


acelebration of womens khong familys mi sitios de diseno my site cheap technology museum planners new cesar dubo weddings and hair styles sim flecks iphones chile new phones blog