Word on the street was that HP would be launching its Asus Eee-PC competitor today. But the HP 2133 is nowhere to be found on the HP website, or at Newegg, TigerDirect, or a handful of other online stores i checked. But if the HP 2133 isn't available today, it looks like it will be soon. PC World got a chance to check out a review unit, and they deem it to be a sort of Eee PC for grownups.

It's a little bigger than the Eee PC, and weighs a bit more (it's almost 3 pounds, while the Eee PC is just 2). But it packs an attractive 8.9 inch, 1280 x 768 pixel screen, which is something that even the upcoming Eee PC 900 won't boast (it'll have a 1024 x 600 pixel display on its 8.9 inch screen).

Like the Eee PC, the HP 2133 has 3 USB slots, WiFi, Ethernet, an SD card slot, a Webcam, and VGA output. But it also adds a PC Express card slot.

The HP 2133 will come in several configurations, ranging from a $499 model with a 1GHz CPU and Linux to a $749 version with a 1.6GHz processor and Vista Business Edition. PC World says you can also order a unit with Windows XP if you're not feeling Vista.

Part of the appeal of the Eee PC is its low price and extremely low weight. But the difference between 2 and 3 pounds isn't all that great, and I would love to get my hands on an ultraportable with a super-sharp screen like the HP 2133. I've already decided I'm going to pick up something with a better screen than my Eee PC 4G. I was pretty sure I was going to go with the Eee PC 900, but now HP's making my decision a little bit tougher.

4 comments:

Luiz Bento said...

You're definitely not alone my friend...

Anonymous said...

Good review & liked your comments too. I've very happy with my Eee PC except for the small 7" screen & tight non-touch-typable keyboard.

I can work around the keyboard with a bluetooth one, two finger typing or sort-touch-typing with errors.

The 7" screen is ok, but the 8.9" will make a big difference!!!

I'm also leaning towards the HP however due to the bigger keyboard!

Anonymous said...

at first i thought the link was simply dead, but it appears pc world has pulled the review. how odd.

bradlinder said...

It looks like the review is back online. I think they may have accidentally broken an embargo. Laptop Magazine's article didn't go online until midnight.


acelebration of womens khong familys mi sitios de diseno my site cheap technology museum planners new cesar dubo weddings and hair styles sim flecks iphones chile new phones blog